Australian Money Channel
- About Australian Money Channel
- What Kind of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
- How Will We Use or Disclose Your Information?
- Cookies and Tracking Technologies Notice
- Security of Your Information
- Access and Changes to Personal Information
- How can you opt out?
- Other Important Information For You
- Privacy Standards for Journalists
- How to Contact Us
1. About Australian Money Channel
Australian Money Channel Pty Ltd (“AMC”), trading as Your Money, is a joint venture between Nine Network Australia Pty Limited (“Nine”) and Australian News Channel Pty Ltd (“Sky News Australia”). AMC provides or will provide the Your Money-branded television channel (including the Australian free to air television digital multichannel 95, and Foxtel television channel(s) 601 and 290, and streaming through the following digital platforms https://www.yourmoney.com.au; https://www.9now.com.au; https://www.foxtel.com.au/now/index.html; https://www.foxtel.com.au/foxtel-go.html and http://www.australiachannel.com.au), content, digital services, advertising and referral services (“Our Services”). Our business includes or will include this yourmoney.com.au website and the Your Money AU app, which focus on business and consumer/personal finance news, luxury lifestyle, real estate, small and big business market moves and live coverage of the trading day.
3. What Kind of Information Do We Collect and How Do We Collect It?
We may collect personal information to provide Our Services and for Our business operations. If you choose not to provide the information We request from you, We may not be able to provide you with the services you require.
We may collect your personal information over the internet, over the phone, when you write to Us, when you attend an event or program run by Us or when you participate in a survey, questionnaire, competition or other marketing campaign run by Us or Our partners.
The type of personal information We may collect will vary depending on the nature of your dealings with Us. However, in general, the type of personal information We may collect and hold could include (but is not limited to) your name, address (postal and email), contact details, geographic location (including your suburb or post code), gender, date of birth, activity and transaction details relating to your use of Our products and services and any preferences you tell Us about.
Provision of Information. In order to access some of Our Services, you may be asked to provide certain information to acquire the service. This may include information you provide Us in order to, become a subscriber, become an advertiser, post comments, receive a newsletter and/or enter a competition.
Information from social media. If you post comments to Our social media profiles, access one of Our Services through a third party social media service, connect one of Our Services to your social media profile, and/or make your social media posts available to the public We may also include information from that social media service. This may include:
- your user name for that service;
- any information or content you have permitted the social media service to share with Us (such as your profile picture(s), email address, followers or friends lists); and
- any other information you have made public (including other posts, comments, likes and other reactions, tweets, status, profile information and pictures you make using your social media profile).
Activity information. When you visit Our digital services We may collect information about your visit. For example, in order to connect you to Our Services, Our servers receive and record information about your computer, device, and browser, which may include your IP address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access Our Services from a mobile or other device, We may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device, geolocation data, or other transactional information from that device. Our Cookies and Tracking Technologies Notice in section 5 below provides more details of how We use activity information. Third parties that support Our Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate usage statistics, may also use technologies to collect similar information. We do not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties using such technologies. For more information about targeting and advertising cookies, visit Your Online Choices: http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au.
Information from other sources. We may supplement the information We collect about you with information from other sources. This may include information from Our owners and their related group companies, from publicly available sources (such as other published content) and data providers, from Our business partners and affiliated companies, and from third-party sources and platforms (such as social networking sites, databases, online marketing companies, third party websites and ad targeting companies), in Australia or internationally.
Information in relation to potential vendors and potential customers. We may also collect personal information about Our suppliers and individuals employed by Our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers, related companies, agents and corporate customers. We will explain why We are collecting this information and how We will use that information, unless it obvious from the circumstances.
Anonymous Data. Other information, including anonymous data collected via your interaction with Our website and third party sites (where We provide website analytics tools or deliver advertisements) using technologies such as cookies and web beacons (described below) may be sold or otherwise provided by Us to third parties including Our partners, clients and service providers for purposes including (but not limited to) data-matching, campaign analysis, selling aggregated anonymous data via advertising exchanges, conducting launch surveys, and modelling.
4. How Will We Use or Disclose Your Information?
We use information We collect about you (if any) to provide Our Services to you, and for Our business operations. Generally, where we collect personal information we only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose for which We have collected it, or for another related secondary purpose, unless you have provided your consent for Us to use it for another purpose.
As part of Our service to you We may use your personal information:
- to fulfil administrative functions associated with these services
- to verify your identity;
- to enter into contracts with you or third parties;
- to measure and improve Our Services and their individual features;
- to improve your experience by delivering content (including editorial, marketing and advertising) We think you will find relevant and interesting and by making Our website, services and products easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information;
- for other marketing and client relationship purposes;
- to allow you to comment on content, and participate in games, competitions, or rewards programs;
- to provide you with customer support;
- to respond to your enquiries; and/or
- to use personal information as otherwise required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act).
Where your personal information is contained in an advertisement which We publish for you, We may also use your information to publish that advertisement in other media. We do this in accordance with Our terms and conditions for the initial publication. If you include personal information in any posts or in a letter, email or text message to an editor or journalist, We may publish your name and suburb to identify you as the author of that post if We publish it in any media.
When We collect your information, We may explain that We will use and disclose your information in other ways. For example, if you win a competition, We may disclose your information to relevant regulatory authorities and publish your details in accordance with the competition terms. We may also remove certain information or alter the information We collect about you so you can no longer be identified from that information. We do this so that We can use it or disclose it to third parties for other purposes.
We may use the information We collect about you for the following additional purposes:
Research and data analysis. We may also use your information for research and data analysis to improve Our Services. We may do this research or engage a service provider to do this.
To allow service and content providers to assist Us in providing and managing Our Services. We may make your information available to certain third party service and content providers who help Us manage or provide Our Services or who provide Us with related services. This might include providers of cloud services, website hosting service providers, debt collection service providers and direct marketing service providers. These third parties may be located in Australia and/or a range of different countries including the United States of America, the United Kingdom and elsewhere in the European Union, Singapore and the Philippines. Our agreements with third party providers require or will require them not to use your information except for the purpose for which your information was provided. We also require or will require them to comply with relevant privacy laws.
To deliver relevant advertisements and content. We (and Our advertisers) may use the information We collect about you to provide you with relevant advertisements and content when you use Our Services. We may also use your personal information so that relevant advertising can be provided to you when you use services or visit websites of other organisations. In order to enable the development of consumer insights about you, We may also share information We hold about you with trusted businesses so that they combine it with information they hold about you, so that each of Us can serve you better. This includes being able to better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience, enhance the products and services you receive, and to tell you about products and services. Where those insights are provided to others for their own marketing purposes, such insights do not contain any information that identifies you. We may also use third party service providers to undertake the process of creating these consumer insights.
To contact you. From time to time, where you agree We may send you promotional materials or other information which We think may interest you. For example, We may send you an invitation to participate in various activities (such as customer surveys) or special offers.
To share with business partners. We may share your information with business partners so they can send you marketing communications. This will only happen if you have expressly agreed to this.
Lead Generation. In the event that You have provided your information in a form included as part of a Lead Generation ads on our website, We will provide that information to the advertiser identified in that form.
To protect Our rights and the rights of others. We may share your information with other third parties where We are lawfully entitled to do so. This includes when We have a reasonable basis to believe that sharing your information is necessary to:
- protect the safety, privacy, and security of users of Our Services or members of the public;
- protect against fraud or for risk management purposes;
- comply with the law or legal process in any country; and/or
- respond to requests from public and government authorities..
To complete a merger or sale of assets. If We sell all or part of its business or assets, We may disclose your information to the party or parties involved in the sale transaction. We may also do this if We are involved in a merger or transfer of all or a material part of its business. We may disclose your information prior to the sale, transfer or merger so that the party or parties involved can consider the transaction and complete any due diligence.
5. Cookies and Tracking Technologies Notice
Cookies and other tracking technologies (such as browser cookies and local storage, pixel beacons, and Adobe Flash technology including cookies) are comprised of small bits of data or code that often include a de-identified or anonymous unique identifier. Websites, apps and other services send this data to your browser when you first request a web page and then store the data on your computer so that such websites, apps and other services can access information when you make subsequent requests for pages from that service. These technologies may also be used to collect and store information such as pages you have visited, content you have viewed, search queries you have run and advertisements you have viewed in relation to your usage of Our Services and other websites you have visited.
Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. We use the following types of cookies and other similar tracking technologies:
- Necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of Our website. They include, for example, cookies that allow you to use Our Services and remember you when you log into secure areas of Our website.
- Analytics cookies. They allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors to our Website and to see how visitors move around Our website. Some of the tools We use only provide Us with information about trends and aggregate user behaviour. Other tools We use enable Us to see how each visitor engaged with Our website. For example, We will be able to see what you clicked on and how you navigated through Our website. We use this information to better understand how Our visitors use Our website, so that We may make the necessary improvements to enhance Our visitors’ experience in the future. We do not attempt to identify you with this information.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Services and to allow Us to personalise Our content for you, for example, by remembering your preferences.
- Social media cookies. We use these cookies when you connect and share Our content and information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on Our website to keep track of the way end-customers engage with and share Our content. The social network will record that you have done this. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- Advertising cookies. We may display advertisements on Our website and applications and the sites of Our advertising partners. When We display online advertisements to you, We will place cookies on your computer in order to recognise your computer each time We display an advertisement. These cookies record your visit to Our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make Our website and the content and advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We also use this information to determine the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. Over time, We may compile information about where you, or others who are using your device, saw and/or clicked on the advertisements We display. We may use this information to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display targeted advertisements that We believe may be of interest to you. We may also associate this information with your visit, purchase or other activity on participating advertiser’s websites in order to display targeted advertisements or to determine the effectiveness of the advertisements. We may also share this information with third parties for these purposes.
- Web Beacons. Our website may also contain electronic images known as “web beacons” – sometimes called single-pixel gifs – that may be used to assist in delivering cookies on Our sites and allow Us to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. We may use web beacons to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon, or from third parties in order to help Us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of Our promotional campaigns or other operations. We may work with other companies that advertise with Us to place their web beacons on Our website in order to allow Us to gather statistics and better target advertisements.Third parties that support Our Services by serving advertisements or providing services, such as allowing you to share content or tracking aggregate usage statistics, may also use these technologies to collect similar information. We do not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties using such technologies. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, but you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. Please note that by blocking any or all cookies you may not have access to certain features, content or personalisation available through Our Services. For more information about targeting and advertising cookies, visit Your Online Choices: http://www.youronlinechoices.com.au.
To allow service and content providers to assist us in providing and managing Our Services. We may make your information available to certain third party service and content providers who help us manage or provide Our Services or who provide us with related services. This might include providers of cloud services, website hosting service providers and direct marketing service providers. These third parties may be located in Australia and/or a range of different countries. Our agreements with these third party providers require them not to use your information except for the purpose for which your information was provided. We also require them to comply with relevant privacy laws.
6. Security of Your Information
We understand that the security of your personal information is important. We use or will use commercially reasonable administrative, technical, personnel and physical measures to safeguard information in its possession against loss, theft and unauthorized use, disclosure or modification, including:
- System security We take or will take reasonable steps to prevent unauthorised access to our online and computerised systems by using measures such as firewalls, data encryption, virus detection methods, and password restricted access.
- Property security At our business premises, we may engage security personnel and use ID cards to restrict access to those premises.
However, please be aware that no one can guarantee the complete safety of your information.
7. Access and Changes to Personal Information
You have the right to request access to the personal information which We hold about you and to ask Us to correct information about you which is inaccurate, incomplete, out of date, not relevant or misleading. If you would like to access, review, correct or update your personal information, you may contact Us (see section 12). When you contact Us, please provide your name and contact details (including a valid email address, address, and/or telephone number for you) and specify clearly what information you would like to access, review, correct or update. We may need to share your information with others who can help Us respond to your request.
We will try to respond to your request as soon as reasonably practicable, and generally within 30 days of the date of receipt of your request. We will notify you if We consider it will take longer than 30 days to do so. If you seek access to records held by Us which are not current records, We will need to contact you to discuss your request, it may take a longer period of time to locate these records and that We may charge you a nominal administrative fee for the cost of providing access. If We refuse your request We will generally tell you why.
8. How can you opt out?
Newsletters, marketing and promotional materials. If you do not want to receive newsletters and/or promotional messages from Us, you can follow the unsubscribe instructions which We include at the bottom of Our emails, or you can contact Us as described below. If you have installed one of Our apps, you can stop push notifications by changing the settings in that app or on your mobile device.
9. Other Important Information For You
10. Privacy Standards for Journalists
10.1 As We are in the media industry, the APPs do not apply to acts done or practices engaged in by Us in the course of journalism as We are committed to other journalistic standards dealing with privacy.
10.2 Specifically, in relation to Our online journalism activities, We are committed to complying with the the Australian Press Council Privacy Standards, which can be found at http://www.presscouncil.org.au/privacy-principles; and the ACMA Privacy Guidelines for Broadcasters which can be found at http://acma.gov.au/theACMA/Library/Industry-library/Broadcasting/privacy-broadcasting.
Specifically, in relation to Our online journalism activities, We are committed to complying with the the Australian Press Council Privacy Standards, which can be found at http://www.presscouncil.org.au/privacy-principles; and the ACMA Privacy Guidelines for Broadcasters which can be found at http://acma.gov.au/theACMA/Library/Industry-library/Broadcasting/privacy-broadcasting.
12. How to Contact Us
Australian Money Channel Pty Ltd
2 Holt Street
Surry Hills NSW 2010
So that We can properly assess and respond to your correspondence, when you contact Us please clearly describe your reason for contacting Us, and please include your name and contact details (including a valid email address, address, and/or telephone number for you).
All complaints received will be assessed by Our Privacy Officer and all reasonable steps (if any) will be taken to remedy the complaint, however We may need to share your information with others (such as Our owners and/or Our legal advisers) who can assist Us in responding to your complaint. We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt of the complaint by Our Privacy Officer. If you are not satisfied with Our response, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au
Last Updated 15 October 2018.